I am starting to feel quite a bit better. My sister-in-law called this morning and asked if they could all come and swim at the pool. I decided that I would go a little early, enjoy the weather, and read by the poolside. I made sure to put on my 50spf sunblock to protect my wonderfully fair skin on the parts that I deemed needed protection. My arms and legs (I thought to myself) could use some sun, so I don't need to put sunblock there; an hour or two in the sun will become a nice little tan.
Did you know that pregnancy may cause increased sensitivity to the sun? My legs and right arm, apparently the sun was slightly to the south, are now bright red and burning. Instead of a tan, I will now get the very attractive reptile-like skin sluff towards the end of the week. The main problem though is the burning, yeah, that wasn't so smart of me. Does aloe really take the burn away? I've been applying it, but it seems like a temporary fix.
Anyway,We are going to Portland for a wedding at the end of the week. It should be a lot of fun. The good news for you is that I will finally post some pictures. None of which, I imagine, will be close enough that you will see my skin sluff, thankfully. But I have a little bit of a baby bump that you should be able to see in the pics. Also, we have our second appointment on Wednesday. We should be able to hear the heartbeat with the doppler, that should be awesome! I will update you at my earliest convenience regarding the baby, whom Rob and I often call "bun" meaning "the bun in the oven". (Thought you might need to know that in case I refer to the baby as such.) -Amanda
Monday, June 23, 2008
Too Much Fun in the Sun...
Posted by Rob and Amanda at 9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Too bad about the sunburn, but hooray for promises of pictures!
Post a Comment