CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Zwetschgenknodel

Zwetschgenknodel= plum dumplings!
Rob's family is good friends with the family across the street from them. The dad in the family, Gunter, is from Austria. Gunter and his wife, Gloria grow plums in their backyard. Every year when the fruit is ready they make Knodel. I didn't know that it was so delicious! Let me describe it for you: it is a ripe plum baked inside of a doughy dumpling, you roll it in toasted bread crumbs, then top with sugar! Everytime you cut into one, the plum juice squirts out and you mop up your juicy plate with bread crumbs sugar and more Knodel! Wash all that down with a glass of milk and you have the perfect German meal!!!
This is Zwetschgenknodel. I just couldn't get enough. I didn't think that I even liked plums. I look forward to next fall when I get to partake in this tradition again. Nothing like getting in touch with my good old German roots.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

That sounds absolutely delicious!