Since I haven't blogged in a while, sorry, I thought that I would post some pictures and update you on the happenings at the Leavitt residence. I am now 37 weeks pregnant! I went to the doctor last Thursday, everything is still looking good. The doctor is still confident that my baby will be a little less than average size- average is about 7 1/2 pounds. I think that 7 pounds is just the right size. I have been having lots of contractions, but they don't seem to be helping things progress. I am not effaced or dialated even a little! Oh well, after Christmas is a better time for the baby to come anyway. I have another appointment tomorrow- I'm not sure that I'll even have the doctor see if I've made any progress in the last four days. It just doesn't seem worth the bother.
Rob finished finals last Wednesday. Woohoo! So, I am looking forward to spending some alone time with him the next couple of weeks while he is just working and we are waiting for the baby to come. It will be a nice change of pace to be able to actually spend some quality time together. This semester has been so crazy that we haven't had much of that. And, we are well aware that the next year or so we won't get much time together either. With work, school, church and, of course, a newborn we'll be lucky to have a few hours a week alone and awake. We are trying to cherish this time together because we know that we will never have it again.
Rob has been wonderful throughout my entire pregnancy. He will go get me anything at anytime from a heating pad to tater tots at Jack-in-the-Box. He is also been very gracious about me taking about 80% of the bed with my pillows and such trying to get comfortable. But all of that is still minimal compared to the fact that he has so sweetly put up with me- mood swings and all. I don't know that I could be as patient and understanding as he has been through the emotional roller coaster ride called pregnancy. I am just so grateful to be married to such an amazing man who loves me so much! We are both so excited to see and hold our little baby!
This is a view from the top. I have to lean forward in order to see my toes. They really do seem that small and far away at this point. I painted them last week when I was having lots of contractions. I thought that I may go into labor- those nails need to look pretty when that happens. :) I am going in for a pedicure on Friday- I am REALLY looking forward to that.


5 comments:
Cute belly!!! I can't wait to see your beautiful baby. Hey, he could be born on Cole's birthday...or Kale's!
Yea! Thanks for the update! I love the picture looking down on your toes...it is so cute! I grunted all the time when I was really pregnant because I had such a hard time getting up off the couch or bed and bending over! I am excited for this little one to join your family!
You are such a cutie! Best wishes for the last few days!
I love the one looking down at your feet it's funny. Good luck I am excited for you!
Any news???
Post a Comment